Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Jealousy is an evil monster


I have a friend, who has her own blog, who brings out the green eyed monster in me, I'll admit. She takes perfect photos of her beautiful kids with her expensive camera. She has Crafty Mondays where she does a different art project with her kids every week. She is not afraid to let them make a huge mess and have fun. She EBFs and co-sleeps and is Super Mom.

Then you have me.....a breast feeding failure, who refuses to have any art supplies in the house because the only art projects Joey makes are on the walls of his bedroom. Pretty soon I am going to be unable to take ANY pictures of my kids because my 1 year old camera is breaking and the lens cover things don't pull back on their own anymore and don't always stay retracted if I manually do it.

I really think we need to have a craft day, this Mom really makes me feel like a bad Mom on almost a daily basis. She always does stuff with her kids and even makes playing outside an adventure. I know a lot of it has to do with the areas we live in......she lives in North Carolina and I live in the ghetto and don't have any backyard to adventure in, or a vehicle most days to transport them in, but we are good.

Monday June 28th is the start of Todd's vacation. That day Todd, me, the kids and our BIL and SIL are going to the Salem Witch Museum, Sonic for lunch and then Sturbridge village. I can't wait to go and have some fun. Hopefully I will be able to get some pictures. Maybe I will try to borrow my Moms camera.

4 comments:

  1. I hear ya. As mom's we are always so hard on ourselves. But I think that's part of being a good mom. Instead of thinking I'm a terrific mother and blindly going about my business without a second thought, I think of ways to improve my parenting skills in an attempt at becoming a perfect mother (PS- no such thing). You know what I mean? It's a progressive thing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to do fun things with Kyle. Although I hate glitter because its so messy.

    The Witch Museum sounds fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now you have a craft day! Yay! Crafty Tuesdays. I am sure I will end up super jealous of you and Alana soon enough. Lol.

    ReplyDelete